Wednesday 2 April 2014

So ready for spring

Oh man this weather is getting so annoying! I am so done with winter running. I am dreaming of shorts t shirts and tanks.

After a few days of snow and freezing rain I finally got out for a semi long run today. I needed it so badly. Its amazing what a good run can do for your mental health. I don't mind running in the snow ( if your going to be a winter runner here in NS you have to get used to snow running) but I cant do freezing rain. It was down right dangerous the past few days.

The first 5k I felt like I was dragging my legs were heavy. The first few km are always the worst. Once I hit 7-8km I felt so much better. I ran 7k in the side street (which were very messy and slush covered) and then the last few km on the main road for a total of 15km. I only saw 2 other runners running together my whole run. My I pod died the last 5k ughh running without music is horrible I can hear myself breathing and my feet hitting the ground. its the worst.
I sported my valley harvest marathon jacket/buff and maritime race weekend hat today :) Bring on sunny weather and race season!
Jackson says HAPPY HUMP DAY!

3 comments:

  1. Great job on your run! My iPod said "low battery" when I turned it on tonight and I ran the entire 10 miles in fear that it would die on me....but it didnt' :)

    I feel so much better after I get a run in as well. Something about the exhaustion makes me feel so happy. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) I feel so much slower without music and time goes by slower. Hopefully the weather coroperates and we don't miss any more runs :D

      Delete
  2. I am with you on the spring weather...what will it be like to run in shorts? I really can't remember!!!

    ReplyDelete