Monday 7 April 2014

Longest run yet!

Yesterday I ran my longest long run yet! 28k!

Last Sunday I missed my long run of 19k because of freezing rain so I had decided  to re do it this weekend. I am weeks ahead of myself in training for my full that really redoing a week was no biggie. Sunday night I went to bed thinking I really want to push my self and run a new distance. I left the house prepared for 28k, water, nuun, GU, pro compressions on. I told my boyfriend I would be back in 2 hours or 3 depending how I felt.
The first 5k always feel crappy, I keep telling my self it gets better just keep running. By 10k I had convinced myself I was committed to 28k. It was around that time I also ran By Heather. She was out on her last 32k run before Boston! she warned me of  bad headwind on the way back. ugh she was so right!
I ran out on the main Road until the sidewalks end, its about 10k from my house, then back towards home, then back out and back home ha-ha, I ran past a family outside spring cleaning each time, after 2 hours I think they thought I was nuts.
 I felt really good up to around 23k, the last few km were a battle body vs. mind for sure.
I was so proud of myself when I finally hit 28k! My legs felt like jelly walking home and it almost felt uncomfortable to walk after running for so long.
post run :)
 
When I got home I stretched right away, had a Epsom salt bath, foam rolled, made a protein smoothie and ate everything in sight ha-ha
Kyle got me cupcakes after my run
 
I also finally registered for my marathon, I had chosen the marathon I wanted to do months ago but was putting off actually registering for it. After running 28k I now had to confidence to do it.
June 15    26.2!
 
 
I also treated myself to new pro compressions :)
I'm so excited for these baby's to come in the mail :)

6 comments:

  1. Good job Samantha! I saw you out there! I was done and showered and on my way into Bayer's Lake to do some grocery shopping when I drove by you.....that's all due to a 7am start.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Renee :) I like my sleep ha ha but I will hopefully get out with you for a early morning run in the future :) I find it easier in the summer to start early

      Delete
  2. Fantastic job on your longest run yet! Such a great feeling to hit a new distance record, again...lol.

    So there were no cupcakes here waiting for me post run! LOL. Kyle needs to chat with Matt. ;)

    I have the purple marathons and they are my favourite. I love the colour!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Heather! I am so freaking proud of myself :) Maybe post Boston there will be cupcakes waiting ;) lol
      I have had my eye on the purple marathon socks for a while I was so excited when I saw they were the sock of the month!

      Delete
  3. I love PRO COMPRESSION! way to rock your long run. You've got Johnny Miles no problem!! Good job on stretching afterwards as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Courteney! You have been so supportive through my training :)

      Delete