Sunday 13 April 2014

Week recap and Tutu Run!

Hey Everyone :)
 So here is what this weeks training looked like.

Monday- 8 min abs
Tuesday - 6k run and plank
Wednesday - 8 min abs
Thursday -5k run
Friday - 11k
Saturday- Rest day
Sunday - 16k

My piriformis has been bothering me a bit the past few days, I slacked a bit on my physio exercises last week because it was feeling so good. Now I am paying for it. I iced and heated all Saturday evening before Sunday's long run.  That definitely helped I didn't feel it at all my whole run Sunday , I felt great even picked up the pace a bit without trying too :)
Sundays Long run. I ran the first 11k alone and then meet the TTP (Timberlea Tundra Pounders) for the last 5k. We ran a 5k tutu trail run in the support of the women that were mocked by Self Magazine . The trail is finally snow and ice free. I cant wait to start logging more miles on the trail finally.



 
Shame on you SELF MAGAZINE!
 
Saturday was a much needed rest day :) The day started out bright and early with a trip downtown for breakfast with the hubby. I had Eggs benny it was so good. I also stopped into the running room at stalked up on my favorite salted caramel GU and honey stingers



 
Sunday was also my Puppy Jacksons 1st Birthday ( aww he's not a puppy anymore)
                                                            Jackson first day with us
 
My Boyfriends brother and his girlfriend have Jacksons sister Zoe. So Sunday afternoon we had a little puppy party :) We drove out to my boyfriends parents house for pasta dinner, wine :) and too many desserts. The in laws are heading to Mexico this week (so jealous) take me with you...


I'd say they are pretty spoiled
 
Also today I found out that back in February at the Frostbite 5 miler I placed 2nd in my age group! YAHOO! I had no idea.  
 
Hope everything also had a great weekend!
 

2 comments:

  1. Cute dogs! Congrats on the placing in the race! What a pleasant surprise. That's a lot of tutus! I had no idea that so many women wore tutus at races until the Shape mishap.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope Jackson had a great birthday! We always get those little dog cookies for Lola too on her birthday. :) That's awesome about your AG placement!

    ReplyDelete