Sunday 30 March 2014

Weekly recap & Pace Bunny

Hey everyone,
This week has been so long and busy.

I worked Monday, Wed and Thursday this week 12 hour days so running was out but I did manage to make sure I did my 8 min abs and planks after work each day :)

Tuesday run was a easy 6k. my garmin died at 5 1/2 km :( My legs have been feeling heavy lately I describe it as they are permanently tired. So Thanks to Courtney I had my very first leg massage :) it was amazing my legs feel so much better! I booked in for another one planed for after my long run of 28k on my schedule. I will also try to get one after my 32km and again after the marathon :)

Wednesday I worked 7-7 and I was dreading even going in to work. Nova Scotia was going to be hit with the storm of the year! the whole city shut down even Tim Hortons closed ( which we all know never happens)  Hello mother nature its SPRING! I knew there was a good possibility I may not make it home from work if night staff couldn't make it in. Thankfully I made it home. But 11 of my co workers had to stay the night and work the next day. 36 hours at work. They are amazing.

 
Thursday I worked again I was scheduled for 7-3 and I was really looking forward to the shorter day and being able to run after work.  But when I got to work and saw my fellow co worker trying to keep her head up tired from sleeping in the staff room all night because she was stuck at work because of the storm. I told her to go home at 3 and I would stay till 7 for her.


Fridays run called for 13km. I was looking forward to this run so much because I had worked long days Wednesday and Thursday and I needed this run. I woke up made my coffee and was really looking forward to a relaxing day off. I curled up on the couch with my coffee and watched my shows I had missed through the week. as soon as I was done I planed on heading out the door for my run. My boyfriend called in a panic. He forgot the papers he needed to buy our hockey tickets for playoffs that went on sale at 11 am. I had to hurry and get dressed and make the dreaded trip downtown. 3 bus rides to get there! This is not how I wanted to spend my day off. But since I was downtown I stopped into the running room to get GU for my next few long runs.
Salted caramel is my fav!
 
I also picked up a fuel belt. I had been using a hand held one and with these long runs it was getting in the way.
When I finally got home I headed out for my 13km run, I decided to try out my fuel belt during this run to see how I it felt before taking it on a long run. I normally don't take water unless its a super hot summer day or I am running 20 ish km. I felt really good I hardly noticed it. I am going to love it come summer months.
When kyle got home he brought me cupcakes to say thanks for making the long trip downtown :) They we carrot with cream cheese icing YUM!
 
 
 Saturday called for 8k. I headed out as soon as I got up to get it done, because we had lots or errands to run.  It was a super mild day and I only wore a long sleeve and t shirt over top and I still felt over dressed.
When I was out Saturday running errand I picked up some Beet Juice. Heather was telling me a while ago about all it benefits and I have been meaning to try it out.
 
Sunday we woke up to a freezing rain storm :( ugh I should have been smarter and done my Sunday long run on Saturday. I really have been kicking myself all day. It was so slippery out this morning I couldn't even get down my door step to take my dog out. I am really ahead in my marathon training schedule because of two recent races I had done. So missing this long run and doing it next weekend really isn't a huge deal. But I felt guilty all day about it. It felt really weird not running and not working actually like something was missing.
 
 
So I have been planning to run the Bluenose half marathon in May as one of my training runs. I planed on running this at a easy pace and just have fun. This is not my half I am going to train  for a PB this is just a training run before my full a month later. I got to thinking about volunteering as a pace bunny. Why not run this and help other runners reach their goals that they worked so hard for. So I emailed the running room and sent in my previous Half times. I got a email the following day :) I am going to be the 2 hr pace bunny. I am super excited to do this. I think it will be a great experience.
 
I hope you all had a great weekend!
 
Do you get down on yourself when u miss a run ?
 
Tried beet juice ?
have u ever been a pace bunny ?
 

7 comments:

  1. Mmmm beet juice...have never tried it... are you drinking it straight or...? :) Sounds like I could give it a whirl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I am drinking it straight. says it will give me more energy and stamina :)

      Delete
  2. I do get down on myself if I've planned any type of workout and put it off for some reason. :-(

    I think you are going to do amazing as a pace bunny!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I may run my long run tomorrow ;) I just cant seem to let it go. Thanks Courtney :)

      Delete
  3. Missing runs happen, you're such a strong runner now that I wouldn't worry about it. You'll just have to adjust the schedule a bit. I'll have to do that this summer and coordinate my long runs around Kenny's days off. Aww, you were so sweet to bring the papers to Kyle and he's so sweet to bring you cupcakes;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Heidi :) I am going to make a chart for the next few weeks and adjust according to work and life.

      Delete
  4. Missing runs surely does get me bummed out. :S

    I really want cupcakes now!!! I can't wait to indulge, big time, once the marathon is over....lol.

    ReplyDelete