Sunday 23 March 2014

Week Recap :)

Sorry I have been MIA all week... :(

This is what's been going on the past week.

Monday-  I worked a 12hr day so this was a write off. But was a much needed rest day after Sundays 25km Moose Run. My legs felt really good Monday no muscle soreness just a bit tired. I started doing a 8 min abs  workout on you tube. I did that when I got home from work so I guess it wasn't a complete write off :) such a good burn!

Tuesday - Today my training program called for a 6km run. So that's exactly what I ran :)

After my run I stretched (in the past I had been really bad with not stretching after a run, but with my piriformis acting up I am not taking any chances, plus I should have been doing it all along)
I headed to physio to see how my bum had held up during and after the Moose run. I told her it was a bit stiff the Sunday evening post run but was perfectly fine after. I have to continue doing my exercises but I no longer need to go back :) I can still feel it after a longer run but it recovers quickly.
After Physio I headed into town to pic up cupcakes at a local bakery for my boyfriends birthday!
They were delicious! He requested Chocolate chip pancakes for dinner too. After dinner a delivery came.
A present for Dad LOL! (it was a fossil watch) I forgot to take a picture.
 
 
Wednesday & Thursday- I worked 12 hr shifts both of these days so all I did was the 8 min abs both days. Better then nothing!
 
Friday- My training program called for 13km. My Legs felt heavy and tired today, felt like I was dragging. But I got it done!
When I came home I made sure to stretch and foam roll. I was hoping the rolling would help my legs for sundays long run.
Friday evening we headed to game 1 of  the playoffs for our local Hockey Team  the 2013 memorial cup champs the Halifax Mooseheads.  Kyle and I go to pretty well every game. GO MOOSE GO! They won of course ;)
 
Saturday-  Today called for a easy 6k. The weather was perfect, you could feel spring in the air.
 
My legs felt much better today! I hurried home to get ready because the fam jam was coming over for a lasagna dinner for Kyle's birthday. Both his Nans came and his grandfather, mom, dad and sister.
Lunch was so yummy, I made two lasagnas, creaser salad and Texas toast garlic bread. His mom brought broccoli salad and a carrot cake.  
 
Happy Birthday!
 
here are a few pictures from the day :)




It was a great day spent with family :) when everyone left we got ready to head out to Game 2 of the playoffs


-we won 7-1 :)
 
Sunday Runday- Today called for 24km my longest distance I have ever run alone. I ate toast with Peanut butter and banana and a cup of red rose tea. watch cornation street and procrastinated getting out there this morning. Finally at 10:30 am I headed out. I really tired to pace myself this whole run, I tried to stay in the 6 min km mark for most of my run because I didn't want to run out of gas near the end. In the first half of the run this was actually hard to do.
In the first 2 km I ran past Heather. She was running 32 big ones today! way to go!
I ran a few sides streets then headed out to the main road, I ran about 11 km out and then turned around and headed back. I had a GU gel at 10k. On the way back at about 16km I turned up into the subdivion before mine and ran almost all the sides streets in there before heading out back on the main road. I was at 20k when I turned onto the main road. I turned up into my subdivion and ran the last 3km.
 
 
Overall I was happy with my run and super proud when I was done. I was thinking during my run, training on these long runs alone is actually great mental training as well and sometimes that's the hardest part of a run.
I had to push hard the last 5k but I knew I could do it.
When I got home a stretch ran a hot Epsom salt bath, made a protein smoothie, put my jammies and pro compressions on. I spent the rest of the after noon eating leftover carrot cake napping and drinking tea :)
 
week 11/18 marathon training in the bag:)
 
 
I hope you all had a great weekend. Thanks for stopping by and sorry I hadn't posted all week.
 

5 comments:

  1. Wow, sounds like you had a fantastic weekend! We had lasagne too!!! Great for carbs. :) you looked very strong on your run today. When I saw you the first time I was thinking how fast you looked, lol. When you saw me I was probably dying! The first time I saw you was 15k for me and then at the end it was 26-27k! Great job on your run :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha I was at 2k the first time I saw you and at about 11km the second time. You looked great never know u were at 27km! way to kill it!

      Delete
  2. Great week! Good for you for fitting in a little activity each day no matter how long a week you had. This is my plan for the coming week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Courtney! if I cant get out and run during the week that's when I try to fit in core. some days its hard, but really whats 8 mins :) great job on your 5k today!

      Delete
  3. Congratulations, that really is a fantastic achievement.

    ReplyDelete